Youth Volunteer Award
Nominees for the Provincial Youth Volunteer Award must:
- be a volunteer aged 13 to 24
- have made a significant contribution to a range of causes, for at least 2 years
- be willing to be nominated
- have not previously received this award
The deadline for nominations is midnight on March 1st, 2021.
The Duke of Edinburgh Award
The Award is a non-competitive programme in which participants set and achieve personal goals for community service, skills, fitness, and adventure. It is a great way to explore new interests and try new challenges you might not have done otherwise, and even stretch your 'comfort zone'. The Award is open to all young Canadians age 14 yrs to 24 yrs old, and has 3 levels:
- Bronze (for ages 14 yrs and up)
- Silver (for ages 15 yrs and up)
- Gold (for ages 16 yrs and up)
Read more about Time Requirements here, or download this Summary and Conditions chart as a one-page reference for requirements of Bronze, Silver, and Gold.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award challenges you to set and accomplish personal goals in 4 or 5 different areas:
- Physical Recreation
- Adventurous Journey
- Residential Project (for Gold Level only)
These components may be completed simultaneously or one at a time. As a result, the total amount of time required to complete The Award will be slightly different for each participant.
Award achievers receive a pin and certificate to mark their achievements, and may be able to attend a ceremony within their Province or Territory (depending on Award level and ceremony availability). Gold Award ceremonies are only presided over by the Governor-General of Canada, or by a member of the Royal Family.
Get started on your Award today! Doing The Award will make a difference in your life! Pamphlets are available at http://www.dukeofed.org/home
The Lieutenant Governor Medal
Each year, the Lieutenant Governor’s Medals are awarded to TWO outstanding grade 11 students in Nova Scotia who have demonstrated:
- Qualities of leadership and service in the school and community
- Commendable performance in the courses in which they are enrolled
Click HERE for the application
Deadline for Application: TBD
The Governor General’s Award- Grade 12
This Award is given to the individual with the highest average for all grade 11 and grade 12 courses taken at Dalbrae, regardless of the year they are taken.
Each school will award only one Governor General Award Medal; announced and distributed at Graduation Ceremonies in June.
The Queen Elizabeth II Medal- Grade 12
The Queen Elizabeth Medal is awarded to a grade 12 student who has fulfilled the requirements for a Nova Scotia High School Graduation Diploma, having
- Demonstrated superior academic achievement in grades 10, 11, and 12, and
- Maintained an outstanding record in school and community involvement.
Each school will award only one Queen Elizabeth II Medal; announced and distributed at Graduation Ceremonies in June.