Feeling Unwell Families Fact Sheet Daily Covid Check List
Student Expectations During Examinations
Students are responsible for knowing when your examinations are being written. If you “sleep in” or “forget” when an examination is being written you will not be permitted to do a Make Up examination. Students are to identify any exam conflicts and report them to administration. The second exam will be rescheduled as soon as possible after the first exam is completed to maintain the integrity of the exam.
Students are expected to be at the school by 9:00 am. Examinations are scheduled from
9:10 am -12:10 pm. The earliest dismissal time is 11:00 am. Students leaving the gymnasium or examination room at the early dismissal need to vacate the gymnasium/ hallways immediately.
Examinations are a major percentage of your course evaluation. Anyone not taking the examination seriously, or causing any distraction in an examination room, will be removed from the writing area and be issued a zero for their final exam.
Course Materials/Personal Items
If you are enrolled in a semester course return your borrowed materials before writing the examination, please deposit textbooks to the classroom where you attended class. Outdoor clothing cannot be worn or left on chairs during examinations; you are directed to use your lockers to store your materials.
Food and Drinks
You are permitted to bring ‘quiet’ snacks and drinks into the examination room. Please be respectful of students writing around you.
The exam schedule will be adjusted by advancing it one day for each missed exam day in the event of school cancellation. If there is a cancellation at one Academy and not at another, exams scheduled for that day will be written by students and moved ahead a day for those students attending the school at which classes were cancelled.
For example, if there is a class cancellation on Monday, January 27, 2020:
- All Monday’s exams will be written on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
This also applies to final exams in June 2020
Pending no class cancellations, the first day of classes for Semester 2 is Monday, February 3, 2020.
Any changes to our exam schedule, or start date of Semester 2, will be posted on our school website.
- Assessment accommodations, as indicated on Adaptation forms, will also be arranged during exams.
- All exams are to be written in the location that is arranged by the teacher/administration.
- Students must write their exams as scheduled, unless:
- prior arrangements have been made and approved by the principal (including arrangements made because of exam conflicts),
- a doctor’s note indicating serious illness, is provided or
- a death has occurred in the immediate family
- A seating arrangement will be implemented for the writing of exams.
- Students not writing examinations are not permitted on school site.
- The buses will run during the regular times; morning and afternoon. Students who stay at school for the afternoon will be assigned to a supervised Study Hall where they will be expected to study quietly for the afternoon.
- A Breakfast Program will be provided each morning during exams.
- Students are not permitted to have electronic devices with them while they write their examinations. Any electronic device brought to the gymnasium/classroom must be turned off and left on the table at the front of the gymnasium or the teacher’s desk.